Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

A Week of Learning

It is amazing how much one can learn in a week. And it isn't always in the places you'd look for new knowledge, and it can be so incredibly varied.

This week I was faced with a pile of homework, and I thought it would kill me. I went into overwhelmed mode. You know, so stressed out that you just shut down and don't do anything?

Yeah, it isn't very useful. But that's where I was at. I was getting so frustrated because I liked what I was studying. So why was it so hard to just get it done? I was praying for help, for motivation for anything that would help me get through this.

My brother gave me this New Testament.
I love how small it is.
And then, in my scripture study along came a verse, Matt 9:23 and it had the answer. I wasn't looking for an answer there. It was such a simple verse.
"And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise"

And then it hit me: Turn off the noise.

That was my answer! Turn the noise off, quiet my mind and my soul and I would get it done. So simple. It has turned out to be harder than I would like. But I am trying. I am keeping the TV off, music off (or playing classical music quietly) and I quiet all the noise in my mind. I focus. I make a conscious effort to focus. And things get done!



Another thing I learned this week was learned while procrastinating said homework. I was just going along, looking at pinterest, when I saw a hairstyle. It inspired a completely different hairstyle. But I love it. It is simple, easy and fast!




Yup, new go too hairstyle. Now I just need to figure out how to do this without having my front pulled back like that... I would like to make it a little bit more feminine and pretty. Still, pretty awesome if I do say so myself!



I also re-learned the whole snacking healthy thing. Remember how last Friday I was super sick and wanted to die? Well, I also lost some weight in the process. And I really liked how my jeans fit afterwards. So, after that whole awful experience, I changed my eating habits this week. Just a little. I just try to go for healthier alternatives. I keep healthy snacks on hand (healthy snacks that I like!) and I feel so much better! And I have been drinking more water.  It is the little things that add up.





I've also been learning a lot about marriage recently. How important it is to support your spouse and be their cheerleader. Everyone needs someone in their corner. Everyone needs to know that no matter what, someone loves them. My husband has a had a bunch of tests at school this week and has been really stressed. It is so easy to respond shortly when your spouse is all wound up. You can let their stress get to you. But I have learned that if I can focus on being his cheerleader, on being the one waving the pompoms and telling him how much I believe in him everything gets better. He feels supported and less stressed. I feel like a superhero for making him smile. We like each other more. It is just all round beautiful.





I am also learning to take a minute, breathe and look at what is all around me. Beauty is everywhere. We just have to stop and enjoy it. I like to see all these pretty leaves and think how happy God must be that I am noticing the beauty He created for me. Life is wonderful. Sometimes we just have to remember that.

(linking up with: Lauren, Weekend Blog Walk, Fantabulous Friday, Friday Favorite Things, That Friday Blog Hop, and Womanhood With a Purpose

6 comments:

  1. I just love that the Lord speaks to us through scripture...He knows what we need! I also loved the paragraph about your spouse, being his cheerleader and making him feel like a superhero!! I never understand when someone puts her husband down...in public! I was just saying today that I felt so blessed to have my guy and how I never wanted to take him for granted!! ~ I also really love the braid, very cute! ~ Stopping by from Friday Favorites at Finding Joy! Have a blessed day :)

    http://chaosandcoffee-amanda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! It is amazing how God always knows exactly what we need to hear. I'm so glad you found me, because I found you! I love your blog. It is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had a rough week but in spite of all that you were able to find the roses in the midst of the thorns! Way to be! I"m so glad you found a comforting scripture, great snacks, a new hairstyle and the beauty of quiet! It is so important to be our spouse's cheerleader *it isn't always easy when they aren't as receptive to our cheerleading right away but they sure do appreciate it in the end! Go Jeannie! You're amazing! I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! Sweet! I'm so excited!!! Thanks. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog through The Weekend Blog Walk & it's adorable. I love this hairstyle that you did & I was going to invite you to a linky party that I host every week called The Pinspiration Project. You should link this up! I'm also your newest follower :) http://adayinthelifeofamomandawife.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-pinspiration-project-11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I love linky parties :) I am glad you liked the hairstyle. It was pretty easy. I need to do a tutorial one of these days. Your blog looks so good!

      Delete