Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Monday Blues

This Monday seems to have a bad temper. The weather is acting like a tired, hungry two year old: grey, tempestuous winds, dusty, and on the brink of losing total control.

I was attacked by a spider at work. There I was, minding my own business when out of no where this spider crawls right next to my hand!  And then on to my calculator. It just sat there in it's big, yellow, skeleton looking glory. It freaked me out. I, of course, ran from the room to find the first man I could. I found two of my co-workers (truly lovely, older gentlemen with daughters) and did a little panicky dance while quietly screeching, "There is a spider on my desk. Kill it! KILL IT!"

And being the sweet old souls they are, they did. And they only laughed at me for about ten minutes. Especially as I hid behind them while they found and killed it dead.

But that wasn't all Monday had in store for me. Nope. As it was Monday, I had lots of work to do. So the gremlin living in my printer decided to make things difficult. I innocently try to print something when it starts to make odd whirring noises. Lights were blinking and I swear I saw smoke coming out of it somewhere. The printer started shaking too. I bravely faced that demon printer and had to pretty much take it completely apart to find out what the matter was (nothing). I put it back together. Five minutes later BAM. Printer Gremlin: 2 - Jeannie:0

Stupid gremlins.

Well, I thought maybe that was all the chaos, when I was innocently typing and my computer just shut off. It didn't want to turn back on again. A co-worker came and fiddled with cords until it turned on. And I thought my troubles were over.

Wrong!

It turned off randomly three more times! I don't know what got into it! Or why?! I even asked it, pleading with the electronic gods and gremlins to plllleeeeeaaaasssssseeee just let the computer WORK. I think my agonized plea worked! It hasn't turned off since (Don't even THINK about it computer!)

Other things happened too. Like my yogurt exploding. Standing in line for an eternity at the post office. Things like that...

Luckily, the day is almost over! And I've survived this long, I am pretty sure I can make it through the rest of the day unscathed.

Any one else have some good Monday stories?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that happened to you! Crazy Mondays! Personally I love Mondays (I'm kinda weird like that) It's a brand new day and an opportunity to start a new week. At the end of the day I have FHE with my family so it always turns out to be a pretty good day! Hopefully today will go better for ya! you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete