I don't know.
But I feel like I have just woken up after months of hibernation. I have a need to be outdoors. I have a thirst for sunshine (it IS winter. I kind of always have this unquenchable thirst for warmth and sunshine). I want to MOVE.
I don't know if anyone remembers this post. Or if you've read why I'm blogging on my about me page. I have a fun little daily battle with my own personal monster, depression. And it has been in full swing for the past several months. I've been so busy, literally buried in things to do, combined with our freezing winter, horrible air quality and complete lack of sunshine... I've had a hard time keeping my head above water.
You can only procrastinate for so long, hide from life with TV and drown your sorrows in food. I saw my therapist last week (I highly recommend therapists, they are awesome) and this morning I woke up with fire. With hope. With the desire to go climb a mountain.
I feel alive! I want to go and do and be and LIVE. And this is a wonderful feeling after feeling numb for so long.
I'm doing all I can every day to fight back. Working out, making plans with friends, laughing with my husband and getting as much sunshine as I can (fake and real). And I think it is starting to pay off. I am ready for adventure!
And I am SO thankful for that feeling. And to perpetuate and keep the positivity, loving-life attitude here are some big and little things I am looking forward too!
- Running a half-marathon in August with a good friend.
- Almost being done with the history class from hell.
- Doing THIS this summer (it is going to be EPIC)
- Seeing my brother in August (he has been gone for 18 months! AH!)
- Girls night this Saturday
- The Bachelor EVERY Monday. (don't judge, and I'm not sure what I'll do when this seasons is over!)
- Working out every night with my husband.
- New books to read, and some time to actually read them!
- Watching Pitch Perfect for the fourth time (the hubs gave it to me for Valentine's Day!, I need to do a whole post on this movie...)
- Sleeping in on Saturday (it is the ONLY day of the week I get to sleep in. We have church waaaaayy to early on Sunday morning)
- Making my husband laugh.
What are you looking forward too? What are you thankful for? Is there any daredevil activities you wish you could do?
(Linking up with: It's Almost Friday Thursday Blog Hop, Black Tag Diaries, It's Ok Thursday, Thankful Thursdays)