Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Holy Grail of Mascaras

I have been envied for many things in my life (number one: My Husband. number two: My Mother) some have envied me my inches (it's great until you can't find pants long enough!) and at one point in time I had beautiful, long, flowing hair (it's growing back... *think growing thoughts*...) that many of my girl friends wished they had (as I wish I had it now).

But the real thing you should envy: my eyelashes.

Conceited much? Not really.

You see, at birth the good fairies looked down at me and realized that I was doomed to the life of a klutz. That I would inevitably try to pair plaid, polka dots and My Little Pony prints with no thought to how it looked. They shook their heads over the sad fact that I would indeed spend more time reading than talking to actual people and realized that they had to give me some redeeming quality. Enter my eyelashes.

I have been accused of wearing false lashes more times than I care to count. I have only really worn fake lashes twice: My wedding and this incredible photoshoot done before my husband left for Active Duty (he is in uniform. It is beautiful. Here is a picture)

Steamy, right?!
Check out the photographer
Anywhoo - back to my eyelashes.

While I have thick, long lashes. They are naturally a strawberry-blonde that is nearly impossible to see. So I have been on a quest for the holy grail of mascaras. I have no less than six in my bathroom currently. (yes, SIX. And, no, none of them are empty.) I have mixed and matched mascaras many a time, using this one for length and this one for volume and this one for the "winged" look.

Told you. SIX!


It's a pain.

And then my dear, sweet mother (see, be envious. My mom is awesome) told me about an incredible mascara that she loved. So I decided to check it out. (And, being my mother, she would never recommend anything that cost of $10. Thankfully, I bought this mascara for $6.47 at Wal Mart)

Revlon's Photoready 3D Volume.


 I loves it.

It does amazing things. And I would show you a picture of my lashes after applying said awesome mascara, but I looked like a slightly crazed, sleep-deprived woman with bangs desperately in need of a trim. No one needs to see that.

I love this mascara because it doesn't clump or get thick and it literally is defining all of my lashes, adding length and volume. It doesn't smudge, but it does come off easily when I wash my face so I don't have to use actual eye make-up remover. I love the square handle because it isn't round like all the others (not exactly important, but you should know this all the same).

It makes me feel like a real woman.

Or like I could start a hurricane if I batted my eyes enough (again, something no one needs to see).

So after much trial and error and applications of different mascaras... The clear winner is:
Revlon's Photoready 3D Volume!


Try it out! And if you like it (or hate it) let us know. You can leave a comment of comment on our Facebook  Page

*I did this review of my own free will. There was no blackmailing, coercion, money or free product involved (those the last two would be lovely).*

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Of course you do. It's cause you have good taste!

      Delete
  2. Hmm interesting! I'll have to try it. I've been a huge fan of Maybelline full-n-soft mascara for a long time but I'm willing to try your favorite Revlon one :)

    ReplyDelete