Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Can't Think of A Cool Title... Bother...

So, it's been a while.

Sorry.

Let's just say I have been on survival mode for the past month or so. Stephen has been gone for 6 weeks. I only have 28 more days until I can see him!!!!! Excited much? I can't wait to see my incredible husband again.

You know what, this month has been tough. Really, super, horribly tough. And I have learned so much about myself. I have learned how to push through sleepless nights and have productive days. I have learned that love knows no boundaries and can stretch over miles and miles. And, I have learned that I can, in fact, be consistent.

You see, I have this awesome workout partner. She comes over EVERY night and we do P90X! Together, we are conquering the world and rediscovering that super hot chick with the six-pack. Last week, we didn't miss a day. Not one day. As a result, we got to go and see the new Three Musketeers (which was pretty awesome. I enjoyed it thoroughly).  So.. yay! Yay for working out and feeling good about myself!



You know something? When you are getting ready to get married, everyone is always telling you how hard marriage is, but how wroth it everything is in the end. I can't tell you how many people would say, "Oh, marriage is a lot of work. But if you pull through it is all worth it."

I have something to say to those people: You. Lied!

Ok, maybe not "lied".... but, seriously, marriage is easy when it's how most people do it. You know, the whole, living in the same place according to both your rules. Try making a marriage work when one of you is being ruled by the army, miles and miles and miles away, with only letters for communication and a phone call that (depending how it goes) can make or break your whole week!!!!


Yeah. That my friends is hard. But, it is also worth it. Sometimes I wonder what in the name of puce colored butterflies we were thinking when Stephen joined the army. I mean, seriously, WHY?!?!?!?!?! But then, I think about my incredible husband. I think about his talents and abilities. I think about how, when it comes down to it, he was really made for this. I swear, he was born to be a soldier. And I couldn't be more proud of my brave, strong husband.



For every day I have had a hard time, he has had a letter of encouragement. For every time I have cried in my car at school, he has sent me 10 "I love yous". For every night of sitting in my car not wanting to face the empty house, he has given me courage because I know that he believes in me. For every sleepless night, he has given me a reason to face the day as proudly as I could. I am married to an amazing man. He is every inch the hero all those Army commercials try to portray. He is my reason for smiling, laughing, crying and loving. He has been stronger than I ever could be. I am so grateful for him!!!

Alright, in other news... Like I said, P90X is going GREAT, due to the incredible, the beautiful, the amazing Peggie! And, because I really, really, really want to be running more... I totally just signed up for the Santa Run in Provo for December 3, 2011. Everyone has to run that race dressed like Santa Claus. How awesome is that?!



So, I have 28 days to get ready to see my incredible husband. One month to get ready for my 5K. I'm happy about this. It'll keep me busy. Not to mention, my very first Anniversary is this Sunday. My birthday is in 20 days and then Thanksgiving. November is shaping up to be a pretty awesome month.

Thanks for all the love and support every one! I couldn't do it without you.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for 28 days to go!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy you've made it this far and I know you can endure this to the end! It definitely is hard being away from your husband and being alone for so long but I'm so proud of you for getting through this tough time and keeping yourself busy!
    YAY for keeping up the workout and doing a 5K in december! That is so incredibly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited for the run! What time do you guys do p90x? Don't you love the cardio x one? Plyo kicks my butt!

    ReplyDelete