Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Some Little Things

Sometimes I sit and India doesn't seem so bad. Other times I wonder what hell hole I've found myself in. Regardless, I want to remember some of the little things.

Like the way cigarette smoke would waft through the screen door, a sure sign the neighbors were home.

How the dust film on the white mosquito net would billow out, making me feel like I was in a bubble about to pop.

The sound of screeching bats and barking dogs at 3:00 am.

The feel of cold water washing away the sweat and humidity.

Dancing in the monsoon, how stepping out into the drenching downpour was like being submerged in a pool. Instantly wet, cold at first and then warm.

The bells and chants as devout worshippers gather at the Krishna temple at 5:00 am.

Ear splitting, earth shattering thunder and strobe light lightning rolling continuously. Like some round of the gods.

India is definitely an interesting place. New and odd, sometimes completely illogical or bizarre. But I think that tonight I like it. Simply because I can sit surrounded by different.

On a completely different note, I've recently started art journaling. My dear friend Jenna and I are doing it together. At first I thought I would just write, and then I discovered that I love to art journal. It is inspiring and heart opening and diverting. And, I didn't know I could actually... draw things. Here are two of my favorites so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment